Identify training needs, skill gaps and business risks the easy way
Once you know your training needs you can plan how to meet them effectively. This is the aim of the skills audit.
A skills audit is a review of your existing skills against the skills you need both now and in the future. It can help you to identify your existing skills, identify what skills you may need to carry out your existing work and role more effectively and to plan, develop and improve the skills and knowledge needed for your future career.
The key benefits of a skills audit are:
- Valid and valuable Workplace Skills Plans.
- Improved skills and knowledge.
- Lower training and development costs because development efforts are more focused.
- Acquisition and use of information that can be used for purposes such as internal employee selection and placement.
- Increased productivity as people are better matched to their positions.
We have a range of bespoke skills audit assessments for each profession. Delivered electronically (via email/web) to each employee, the results can be centralised and analysed as an organisation or by individual skill.
HR managers can use our online service to identify training needs, deficiencies and priorities.
Performance managers can measure how the workforce is improving over time and what the impact of training spend is.
Managers can determine if there are any significant workforce risks such as single points of failure.
Example skills audit insights
Our skills audits will help you learn:-
- The skills deficit levels as a proportion of your participants
- The rank of existing competency by skills type
- The perceived relevance of skills to your organisation and participants
- The variance of competence across similar skills (where weaknesses lie in terms of quality and single point of failure).
- The overarching training needs and priorities for your organisation
- The individual training needs and priorities for each participants
- Insights from patterns of skill distribution, such as where untapped skills lie or the most appropriate way to form new teams.
- Which employees need the most help
Easy analysis and reporting
Our integrated online dashboard shows you the status of your workforce at a glance
Ready to find out more?
Find out how it works
Competitive pricing, depending on the number of employees and frequency of your audit.